This linguine Alfredo is so creamy and tasty, you won’t be able to get enough! Make the perfect comfort food or dinner for the whole family with this easy recipe. And for that extra-creamy, rich taste, use Natrel Lactose Free Butter paired with Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream. A warm bowl awaits!
- 500 g fettuccine or linguine
- 1 tbsp. Natrel Lactose Free Salted Butter, cubed
- 2 cups Natrel Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Natrel Lactose Free Salted Butter, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup lactose-free Parmesan, grated (plus a little more for garnish)
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Zest of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. (15 g) of butter on medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and gently heat to a simmer. Using a whisk, incorporate the remaining butter a few pieces at a time until well blended. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes, making sure not to let the mixture boil to prevent the butter from separating.
- Add the Parmesan, parsley, oregano and lemon zest. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and gently mix until well coated.
- Serve garnished with some Parmesan and fresh herbs. Finish with some freshly ground pepper.