This is not just a classic bechamel sauce it's the base for a Creamy Turkey Lasagna, an exciting midweek Mac & Cheese dish and velvety white meat sauce.
- ⅓ cup Natrel butter
- 6 tbsp. unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 3¼ cups Natrel Fine-filtered 2% Milk
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Over medium heat, add the flour and stir with a whisk.
- Once the butter and the flour are well combined, add the milk and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk.
- Simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.