This hearty and comforting chicken dish is perfect for Sunday night dinner.
4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 8-10 chicken thighs
- 5 or 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 or 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tbsp. Natrel Lactose free 2%
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped thyme
- 1 cup Natrel Lactose free 2%
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes hassle-back style, cutting slits along one side of the potatoes without slicing them all the way through. Place in a large tray pan.
- Add chicken thighs, carrots, potatoes and garlic to the pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper and toss.
- Cook for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked and a knife can easily be inserted into the potatoes.
- Pour the chicken’s pan juices into a small saucepan. Add chicken stock and herbs. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of Natrel Lactose Free. Add to the saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and add 1 cup of Natrel Lactose Free. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.