This creamy and rich bechamel based turkey lasagna will please everyone.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2½ cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 675 g ground turkey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 8 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup Natrel butter
- 6 tbsp. unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 3¼ cups Natrel Fine-filtered 2% Milk
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Place a rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to the instructions on the box. Rinse under cold water and lightly oil. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the turkey in half the oil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, brown the leek in the remaining oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring the mixture. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add flour and cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring the mixture. Add milk and bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Set aside 2 cups of the béchamel sauce. Next, add the rest of the ground turkey. Mix well.
- In a 13" x 9" baking dish, spread half of the ground turkey. Cover with a layer of pasta. Spread half of the leek and spinach mixture. Sprinkle about ½ cup of cheese. Pour ½ cup of the béchamel sauce. Cover with a layer of pasta. Add the remaining meat mixture. Cover with a layer of pasta. Add the remaining leek and spinach mixture, ½ cup of cheese and ½ cup of béchamel sauce. Cover with a layer of pasta. Spread the rest of the béchamel sauce. Cover with the remaining Gruyere cheese.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.