Just in time for the strawberry season, smooth pastry cream will highlight the freshness and slightly sweet taste of this small fruit for a summer trifle. The possibilities are endless. Whether you prefer vanilla, lemon or chocolate, flavour your pastry cream as you wish.
- 500 ml of Natrel organic Fine-Filtered 3.8% milk
- ¾ cup of flour
- 125 ml of sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a bol, mix together egg yolks and sugar. Whisk to obtain a white mixture and smooth texture.
- Slowly add flour to the egg and sugar mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up milk. Once it’s lukewarm (after about 3-4 min.), add the mixture and vanilla bean seeds.
- Whisk together until boiling.
- Once the desired texture is obtained, remove from heat. Be careful not to burn the cream!
- Let cool.
- Place the mixture in a pipping bag and refrigerate for 3 hours or more.
- You can also flavour your cream with lemon, chocolate, or even lavender.