For a light, creamy texture that complements the flavour of carrots, use Natrel Unsalted Butter paired with Natrel Fine-Filtered Milk. Warm yourself and your dinner table with the rich taste of our carrot soup which is easy to make and a delicious treat for the whole family.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Natrel Lactose free butter
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 8 cups carrots, peeled and roughly cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and roughly cut in ½ inch cubes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Natrel Lactose free 2%
- ½ cup Natrel 35% Lactose Free Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- ½ cup microgreens
- In a large saucepan, sweat the onions in the olive oil and butter on medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes until translucent.
- Stir in the cumin, curry powder and ginger. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, stock, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add the milk.
- Using a blender, purée the soup in batches until smooth. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve each bowl topped with some cream, sesame seeds and microgreens.