When preparing a homemade latte, a good foam can make all the difference. Morning lattes will never be the same.
- 1 CUP Natrel fine filtered 3.25% milk or Natrel Lactose free 3.25%
- Clean the steam nozzle with a wet cloth. Milk deposits can alter your coffee’s taste and prevent the milk from frothing properly.
- Pour the milk into the jug. Try to use only the quantity of milk needed in your beverage.
Choose your milk according to the kind of foam you want. Milk with a high fat content will produce dense foam that’s ideal for a latte. Milk with a lower fat content will yield an airier, lighter foam, perfect for a cappuccino. For even better frothing results, try our Lactose Free products.
- Turn on the steam nozzle. Let it run until steam emerges, then turn it off.
- Heat the milk by inserting the steam nozzle and activating maximum pressure. Aerate the milk for a few seconds to create micro-bubbles. Bring up the steam nozzle until it barely touches the milk. You should hear a faint whistling sound.
- Reinsert the steam nozzle into the milk and tilt the jug to allow the milk to circle around the nozzle. Make sure your hands remain stable. Heat the milk until the jug is hot to the touch. Be careful; overheated milk will alter the coffee’s taste.
- Pour the foam into a cup. Perfectly frothed milk should be thick and lustrous.